Blog Post #8
In this web design assignment I learned new skills related to embedding different resources into a website. More specifically, I learned how to embed both a map and calendar into my website. In creating my website, I stayed mindful of all the CRAP design principles. I made sure the background color and text colors were different enough, so that the text was legible. An example of this can be seen on the home page where the welcome text is in front of the chalk board. I also made sure that the font and color scheme was consistent throughout the entire website, so that the flow was easy to follow and understand. Overall, I enjoyed most aspects of the assignment and believe that these skills will be beneficial in a future career in organizing because of the importance of giving volunteers one hub to get all of the information they need.

Hi Alexis
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job incorporating all the concepts of CARP design principles. The contrast really stood out with you keeping the background white and using black font made everything super easy to read. For repetition, I liked how you kept the font and size consistent throughout; it gave the site a clean, cohesive look. The alignment was spot on too! I also enjoyed that you included so many images in the about me page because pictures are worth a thousand words and they really help viewers get to know you. As for proximity, the spacing looked great; nothing felt awkward or out of place. I loved exploring your website. You did such a great job!
Hi Alexis! I really enjoyed looking through your website and think you did a great job creating it! Your website was very easy to navigate, had good contrast, and continuously used the same font size and style throughout the website which are all part of the CRAP design model.
ReplyDeleteHi Alexis! Your website was so visually appealing at first sight! I appreciated how easy the site name and titles on each page were very clear and contrasted the background. It was also very simple to navigate to each page and I felt that information was appropriately organized and labelled within each tab. I also appreciated the use of bolded words and/or or underlined words for emphasis of certain points! Great use of the CRAP design model.
ReplyDeleteHi Alexis! Your website was so amazing! It was very fun to look at, you also did an amazing job at incorporating all the concepts of the CARP method. The background was very clear and easy to read, it was very well organized and used the same font size and style! Truly was so fun to look at your website you did great!
ReplyDeleteHi! I really enjoyed exploring your classroom website and how visual and engaging it is. You did a great job maintaining consistency with the fonts and colors, and I especially liked how you alternated the tab colors between orange and black. It was also a nice touch to bold and underline important resources — it made them stand out clearly. Great work!
ReplyDeleteI think you did a really great job making your website clean and easy to read. I like how you were careful about the color contrast between the background and text — it really helps everything stand out clearly. I also thought it was smart that you kept a consistent font and color scheme throughout the whole site because it made it feel organized and professional. One thing I would suggest working on is maybe adding a little more creativity or visuals to make the site more engaging for users, like pictures or icons to break up the text. Overall though, it looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into your design!
ReplyDelete