Blog Post #6

Using generative AI tools to create and revise lesson plans is a great way to generate a basis or enhancements in a timely manner. I can see this being especially beneficial in instances where an educator needs to quickly put something together ahead of conducting a lesson. Ultimately, I could see myself using AI for lesson plan design in the future. However, I would use AI as a tool to organize the resources and vision I have for a lesson plan, rather than letting the tool create a lesson plan from scratch. This is because I believe that only the educator knows what will be most effective, for their students, in the classroom. 

In addition to lesson plan generation, I also see AI being a resource to point you in the right direction when looking to explore new topics or ideas for classroom activities. While not one hundred percent accurate all the time, AI is very effective at providing a list of ideas that educators can then build off of or conduct further research on. I believe that using AI in this way also addresses ethical concerns. This is because you are only using AI as a brainstorming tool, and the actual creation of materials, classroom activities, and presentations is the original work of the educator.

Comments

  1. Hi Alexis! I agree with your point that AI can be used as a tool, or a base, rather than the origin of all of an instructor's work. I think the best use for AI in relation to teaching is brainstorming ideas for lesson plans or examples. The teacher can then use this as a basis for instruction, adapting based on the needs of their students. There are also time constraints and other extraneous factors that AI can not always account for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #9

Teacher Professional Development