Blog Post #4
For Kindergarten, ELA technology standards include ensuring that students are able to show proficiency in a few skills using technology in the classroom. Firstly, students should be able to successfully participate in group activities using a SmartBoard. Secondly, students should be able to use an online resource to create a story. The sample resource outlined in the Kindergarten Standards and Technology Matrix for ELA is StoryJumper. Finally, students should be able to use paint programs. With my currently skillset in technology, I do feel prepared to be able to assist my students in achieving this standard. I believe I would be able to implement this standard because I have experience using a SmartBoard, storyboard, and paint myself, and also using them as an enhancement in an educational environment.
I believe the interactive tutorials, in particular, would be beneficial for kindergarteners studying ELA. Not only would these resources allow my students to practice their reading and spelling of words, but it would also help increase their technological competency in an educational environment. Additionally, these interactive tutorials use fun visuals and a unique format to help with student retention and keep young students engaged through the entire activity. I could use these interactive tutorials in my teaching by creating a weekly spelling list for each of the different tutorials and assigning the activities as practice ahead of a weekly spelling test.
Internet searching is especially important for a teacher because it allows teachers to conduct research when creating lesson plans, access information quickly when answering questions in the classroom, and quickly access additional examples or educational aids when teaching a lesson. Moving forward, I believe that I will be using the "advanced search" tool the most. Advanced searching is especially helpful when conducting internet searches in the classroom because it allows you to filter the information that comes up when you conduct a search. The three examples of internet searches that were presented this week are the skills I am most familiar with.
This was super helpful! I am planning on teaching Kindergarten and by reading this post as helped me learn so much with that grade and how it would be beneficial for them to study ELA!
ReplyDelete