Blog Post #1

In this course I hope to learn about how technology can be used as a tool to enhance learning for students and people. While I do not plan to pursue teaching as a profession, the information in this course will still be beneficial. I plan to pursue a career in community organizing where education and leadership development are both aspects of the job. I hope to use the tools learned in this class to inform best practices for putting together educational opportunities, virtually, for volunteers and organizers all over. 

I have a variety of experiences using technology in an educational setting. For one, I took a variety of online courses throughout high school and college. I have also conducted a number of educational workshops and tutoring lessons for students virtually. Finally, in my current position as the Campus Voter Registration Director for the Florida Democratic Party I host various trainings via Zoom for volunteers to participate in. 

My aspirations to pursue community organizing has allowed me to develop an extensive personal learning network that helps equip me with the skills necessary to be successful in the field. Organizations that have provided me with training and support include the Florida Democratic Party, the Florida Student PIRGs, and Students Demand Action. People who have provided me with support and insight include volunteers that I have worked with, the campus organizers that I managed during the 2024 election cycle, and my supervisor working for the FDP. Finally, digital resources that have proven beneficial include Signal, VoteBuilder, and Reach. 

Comments

  1. Hi Alexis, I love how you’ve connected the skills from this course to your aspirations in community organizing—your focus on using technology to enhance education and leadership development is inspiring. It’s great to see how your hands-on experiences, like hosting Zoom trainings and conducting virtual workshops, have already set a strong foundation for applying what you’ll learn. The personal learning network you’ve built is impressive, and it’s clear you’ve made a meaningful impact through your work with organizations and volunteers. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexis! I also hope to learn how technology enhances learning and education for students. I am not planning to go into education either, but I agree that the information taught to us will be beneficial, especially in your future career choice. The learning network you have created is inspiring, and it sounds like the work you are doing is helping others around you to stay educated and connected in our world. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #9

Teacher Professional Development